We Invest in Communities
Waypoint Homes strives to make a positive impact on society and the environment. We believe that when our cities and neighborhoods thrive, we do too – and we’re always seeking opportunities to remain active and involved.
To encourage our employees to give back, each Waypoint employee gets 20 hours a year of paid time off to do volunteer work. We encourage our employees to spend this time using their unique skillsets to give back to the communities where we work, and we are continually amazed by the generosity and passion with which our people help to push a number of causes.
To date, Waypoint employees have:
- Volunteered and donated to local food banks
- Fundraised to cure breast cancer and draw awareness
- Participated in municipal appreciation events (fire, police, schools)
- Helped start neighborhood watches
- Spearheaded neighborhood and park cleanups and themes
- Held events to support pets
- Launched massive blood drives
- Led financial education seminars for at risk youth
- Done construction projects to help nonprofits better serve their constituents
- Sponsored hundreds of kids during annual Christmas toy drives
- Served on the board of several charities
- Donated computer equipment and training to charities
We believe that helping to build strong neighborhoods is a key factor in our long term success as a company. In support, Waypoint has established a grant fund of $100,000 in 2015 to invest in projects that can help the overall health and safety of the communities where we work. This fund is available to non-profits across the country who share our vision to build stronger neighborhoods. If you would like to apply for funds, please email [email protected] and pitch your idea to us.
We’re proud of the impact that this program is having in neighborhoods across America. Please watch the videos below to see some of the projects that we’ve already completed.